Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Soul Singing "The beginning"

I first started singing at church when I was around six or seven years old. Part of the culture of Christians is to bring an offering of love and of word -- singing is part of that offering. I passed in front of the congregation infinity of times to sing traditional hymns. I invited my father and sister to sing almost all the time. My father was one of those servants of God who praised God every single Saturday. I followed his footsteps until I turned ten. 
I don't really know why singing is something that appeals to me so much and why exactly I'm deciding to sing over anything else. I don't really know if I can't really sing. I can that, I sang but singing is not just having a good voice. What if, I don't have a good voice?  Am I just dreaming? Am I prepared to fail miserably? What would be a failure? How would I handle it? Why am I so afraid to fail? Singing is about projecting a feeling. Sadness. Happiness. Passion. How can you convey all of that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment