Sunday, October 3, 2010

Annie Lennox: Why I am an HIV/AIDS activist

This is a Ted Talk given by Annie Lennox about raising awareness about HIV/AIDS.

Although this Ted Talk has nothing to do with my project, I do commend the passion with which Annie Lennox has embarked to raise awareness to the public about AIDS. We tend not to talk about things that bother us for fear of making our wounds bleed. We need to talk about the things that are not particularly appealing. Shyness and having the courage to be ourselves is the wound that hurts for many us. When we are not ourselves we resort to lying to living a double life and become miserable. We need to find ourselves, stand up for what we believe. Lennox talks about this subject because she is passionate about it and the challenge for and for everyone is to do that for themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting connections here. What do you learn from Lennox with regard to your own project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can translate her question to my project "Why do I want to sing?", "Why is having a voice important?" Shyness is the wound that has hurt me for a long time. Being shy is not easy in this world! I want just as Annie Lennox to help myself to express my voice through singing and then I want to encourage girls with my example. I want them to realize that it is obviously not easy to get over shyness but it is not impossible.

    ReplyDelete