Monday, October 18, 2010

Checking in...

So far I have accomplished many things with the help of my gracious teachers Susan Davis, Jan Ott, and Tim Holm. One of the parts of my project is to research about the physiological aspect or "thing" that triggers girls to change during puberty and as they go into their teen years. I am very interested in getting an insight into all of these aspects because it will open a new world for me. I can learn through the experiments and writings of other why I became so shy. I can not possibly master my fear/shyness if I can not pin down what happened exactly.
Susan Davis, my Senior Seminar teacher, has provided me with two very essential books that will clear up many of my doubts: Girls Will Be Girls and How Girls Thrive by Joann Deak. I have started reading both book and so far I have started to link a lot of her writings with my own life. These books are directed toward a more adult audience (teachers and parents) but I feel really proud to be able to understand.
Ms. Davis has also put me in contact with a the middle physiologist from Kinkaid and I will be meeting her very soon. I hope to gain first hand knowledge as a professional and possibly in the future work along with her to conduct an experiment either at Chinquapin or Kinkaid.
I have also contacted the new math middle school teacher,Tim Holm, in efforts to hopefully get someone to help me develop my voice. I will soon be writing a proposal to see if I get any results.  Mastery of my shyness involves actually developing my voice so I can become confident that there is nothing to be afraid of.

Tamar Alvarenga

No comments:

Post a Comment