Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Day Is Approaching Us....

So for the first time in my life,  I along with Chassidy Smith will (with the help of God) sing to a large audience at the Annual Chinquapin Christmas Dinner at the gym. In reality this is not a very exciting moment for me. I am terrified because I know that somehow I will disappoint someone. The problem is that I am already disappointed with myself because of my indecisiveness but mostly my lack strength to adhere to my ideals. I am singing a Christmas song that I have no emotional connection to and that I shouldn't really sing because that would translate to celebrating the holiday. It is awesome that I am going to attempt to sing but I can't feel happy about it. What will everyone think? Will they laugh? Will they think, what is she doing? And even if I do sing OK and people praise me, how will I respond to that when inside I know that I do not feel good about what I did? These are all the feeling that flood into my mind as Thursday, December 16, 2010 approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment