Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Last Semester ...

Well so far, Jan Ott, Susan Davis,  Dr. Amy Acosta, Jen Pickering, and Mrs. Spires have agreed to part of my panel of judges. They are going to be the people who are going to determine and grade the successes of my senior project. I am really excited to start this new year and  hopefully finish strong. 

I would like to thank Chassidy Smith for encouraging me to sing at the Christmas Event held at the Chinquapin Preparatory School gym. I have to say that I was terrified to go up in front of everyone. We only practiced a little bit but it went well. I believe that the next step that will help me keep on advancing in the journey to find confidence is to receive constructive criticism. I wish to improve and that only means that I have to accept criticism. So,  I would like to invite anyone who heard me sing at the Christmas Event to give me any suggestions. I also will start to record myself more when I sing so I can track my progress. 


This last few months before my presentation are going to be by far the toughest. The goal I have is to conduct a qualitative comparative research of high school and middle school girls at the Chinquapin Preparatory School and a private school in the Houston area. This study will try discover the way girls feel at this ages: whether they feel shy or with low self esteem by counting the recurring words. This research will be very interesting because the girls of these two particular schools differ economically and ethnically. With this being said, I have to actually write consent letters and talk to the director of the school in the Houston area to get the school consent. I think that Dr. Acosta might help me conduct this study.

My second goal is to actually sing by myself in a "small concert"  hosted by me or at the senior graduation.  For now, the plan I have is to actually practice singing while recording it simultaneously. I will try to each week post a video online and allow people to give me constructive criticism.  Since I could not find a voice teacher I decided to go on this route. 



3 comments:

  1. Hey Tamar,
    One thing that I have noticed is that you are very scared to get in front of a crowd to sing. I can only imagine how tough this is for you. The only thing that I can tell you that will help you get over this fear is to start singing in front of crowds. You can start off small. Pull your friends off to the side in small crowds and sing in front of them. As long as you keep practicing you confidence will improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a video of your singing performance. Do you want it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Susan: I think that you sent it to me but I can't download it.

    ReplyDelete