Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Creativity Week Progress

So I believe that I worked hard during Creativity Week to really practice even though I got a cold and a sore throat. That's life! So I would just like to share this video as I promised and as always ask for your specific constructive criticism.  It will help a lot.
This week was very hard for me because I had to always fight with my feelings of shyness but also inadequacy. I say inadequacy because since I don't have someone to tell me what I am doing right or wrong. How I can improve? I feel that my signing is "not good"... ( I know that this has to do with the fact that my self-perception is not very high.)
I worked this week with the support of my friend Liza who encouraged me to keep on trying all the time. Even if I sang horrible at times. It really helped to have someone to work with even if she is not a voice teacher.

I realized this week that I sing because I know that God exists! I love singing for Him.   

4 comments:

  1. Tamar,
    First of all, it's brave of you to make these videos, even braver to post them on the Internet and ask for feedback.

    I have no music training, but I can tell you that you have a sweet voice, and I can see the powerful emotion of your singing in the expressiveness of your face.

    Wow.

    Have you shared this post with your mentors? anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Susan! I truly appreciate your constant encouragement and dedication. I have sent the links to a few people but I haven't received any feedback... Hopefully I will in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tamar, I'm sorry for the late response but better late than never, right?! I think you are amazing. Your voice sounds great, particularly in the last 2 songs. Also, I am struck by how lucky you are to be fluent in two languages. It is fantastic that you can sing in Spanish and English!

    I have noticed a real change in you this year when I have seen you out on campus. You are more outgoing and talkative and confident. Keep up the hard work. It is paying off! Jen Pickering

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the encouragement Jen! I appreciate that you responded to my link, and yes, its better late then never. I will keep on practicing.

    ReplyDelete