Tuesday, April 12, 2011

So Far...

I am very happy to say that I have an official date in which I will carry out the study at a private middle school institution at Houston. It will be on May 5, 2011. This was with the awesome help of my panel member Dr. Acosta.

Dr. Acosta reviewed my the procedure for my study and gave me many suggestion that made my survey focused. The focus that she gave will in return give me very good results in understanding how girls in middle school really feel. She also spoke to the headmaster of this institution and got his approval. I was super excited when I heard about that.

However, I have to say that even though I am really grateful for all the help that she provided me with,  I also learned something really vital and important in this process. I should have managed my time well. I did not actually seek the approval of the headmaster of the private institution such as a real scientist would have done. Instead, I procrastinated.  Today, I was supported by Dr. Acosta but in the real world I won't be.

I have to really be honest about the second part of my project. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend to any classes nor have I been practicing. I feel very sad because I have not accomplished much in gaining mastery in actually becoming better at singing and being in front of crowds. I guess that this part of the project could end being removed from my original goals. Who knows?

1 comment:

  1. I know you had a little singing session with one of the new fellows when she came to visit, I would love to know how that went. Would you post a blog about that? I think that will be interesting for everyone. Did it help you understand anythings clearer? Was it hard for you to sing for her? Do you think singing on the camera has helped you overcome your shyness? How is your study of girls going?

    ReplyDelete